Cherry Limeade Cupcakes
I just uploaded my Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes and here's another fun summer time cupcake recipe for you to try that's sure to create a stir!
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp. limeade concentrate
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk (I used 1%)
- Lime Syrup:
- 3/4 cup limeade concentrate
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3 3/4 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 tbsp. (or more) maraschino cherry juice
- red food coloring (optional)
- fresh lime slices
- maraschino cherries
To make the cupcakes, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two muffin pans with paper liners. In a medium bowl combine the cake flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Stir together and set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter until smooth. Add the sugar and beat on medium-high speed until creamed. Add in the limeade concentrate and mix to incorporate. Add the eggs one at a time, scraping down the bowl between additions. Add in the flour mixture in thirds, alternating with the milk, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Mix ingredients just long enough to incorporate but no longer.
Divide the batter evenly between the prepared cupcake liners. Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pans for 5-10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack over wax paper to cool completely.
Once the cupcakes have cooled, whisk together the limeade concentrate and confectioners’ sugar in a small bowl to make the lime syrup. Poke several holes in the top of each cupcake with a skewer and pour the syrup over the cupcakes, allowing it to soak in.
To make the frosting, combine the confectioners’ sugar, butter and maraschino cherry juice in the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix on low speed until sugar is incorporated, then increase to medium-high speed and beat until smooth. Add more maraschino cherry juice as needed to achieve desired texture. Add red food coloring if desired.
Frost cooled cupcakes. Garnish with lime slices and maraschino cherries, if desired.
You'll also love
- Cherry Limeade Cookies 4.5/5 (53 Votes)
- Ginger Limeade 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Patio Potatoes 2/5 (1 Votes)
- Corn and Tomato Gratin 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pineapple Horseradish Sauce (over... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Blueberry Orange Muffins 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apple-Orange Oat Bran Muffins 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cherry Mash Bars 0/5 (0 Votes)