This recipe was giving to me when I first married at 19 years old. It's always been a personal favorite and a crowd pleaser. I haven't met anyone who doesn't like it!
- 1 pound frozen Southern-style hash brown potatoes
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed Cream of Chicken soup
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup crushed cheese flavored crackers
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 75mins
Preheat oven to 350*.
In a medium saucepan, mix together soup, sour cream, seasoning salt and cheese. Heat until cheese melts.
Place hash browns in 8x11 baking dish and pour cheese mixture over top. Mix together well. Salt and pepper to taste, if desired. Top the mixture with crushed cheese crackers.
Bake 60 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the mixture is bubbly and lightly brown.
Remove from oven and let stand 15 minutes before serving.