Strawberry Pistachio Thumbprint Cookies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup strawberry preserves
- white chocolate (about 2 ounces), for drizzling
Adapted from cookiemonstercooking.com
1.In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the butter and confectioners’ sugar. Beat on medium high for about 1 minute, until smooth and creamy. Add in the egg yolk, vanilla extract and almond extract and beat until combined. Add in the flour and salt. Mix on low speed until incorporated. Remove the bowl from the mixer and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
2.Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
3.Scoop a small portion of dough and roll into a ball (about 1 inch in size - I used my small cookie scoop). Roll each ball in the chopped pistachios (use your fingers to gently press the nuts into the dough if necessary). Place the balls on the prepared baking sheet. Use your finger to make a deep indentation in the center of each cookie. You can place the cookies fairly close together on the baking sheet as they won’t spread much during baking.
4.Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. If needed, as soon as the cookies come out of the oven, use a small spoon to reinforce the well in the center of each cookie (so the preserves have a place to sit). Let the cookies cool for about 5 minutes on the baking sheet, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
5.Once cool, fill each indentation with a small amount of strawberry preserves. If desired, melt the white chocolate (microwave at 50 percent power for 30 second intervals until the chocolate is completely melted). Drizzle the melted chocolate over the cookies.
You'll also love
- Jack 'O Lantern Stuffed Bell... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Southwestern Pork Roast 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Carrot Coriander Ginger Soup 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Coconut Rice with Black Beans 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Blueberry Malt Milkshake 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Triple Berry Cheesecake 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Sandwich... 4.5/5 (22 Votes)