Jack 'O Lantern Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 3 orange bell peppers
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 C water, for chicken
- 1/2 tomato, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp Sriracha chili garlic sauce
- 1/2 C of quinoa
- 1 C of water, for quinoa
- A dash of salt and pepper to taste
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
1. Cook the quinoa as directed on the box, using 1/2 C quinoa and 1 C water.
2. Cook the chicken thoroughly and shred into pieces.
3. In the same pan with the chicken, add 1/4 C water, tomato, onion, garlic, chili powder, chili garlic sauce. let simmer until water has been cooked out.
4. Mix in cooked quinoa.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place aluminum foil on a cookie sheet.
6. Cut jack-o-lantern faces out of the bell peppers. Cut off the top and de-seed the peppers. Let them soften in the oven for 5 minutes.
7. Take the peppers out of the oven and stuff them with your chicken/quinoa mixture. Place the top back on and bake for another 10 minutes.