Blueberry Sourdough Bread Pudding in Caramel Sauce
Delicious bread pudding made using sourdough bread with blueberries mixed in and served with a homemade caramel sauce.
- CARAMEL SAUCE:
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 cup egg substitute, or 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 1/2 cups sourdough bread, cubed
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 14 caramels
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 70mins
Adapted from food.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a large bowl, blend together milk, egg, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Add the bread cubes in the bowl and let soak for a few minutes. Place this mixture into a greased 8x8x2-inch baking dish; sprinkle with blueberries.
Bake at 350°F for 1 hour or until set. Serve warm with caramel sauce.
To make caramel sauce; heat milk and caramels until caramels are melted, stirring frequently.
You'll also love
- Pressure Cooker Maple Butter... 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- Mini Mac 'n Cheese Muffins 4/5 (20 Votes)
- Creamy Parmesan Garlic Mushroom... 4.1/5 (20 Votes)
- Peach Cake with Orange Glaze &... 4.2/5 (18 Votes)
- Greek Stuffed Prosciutto & Fig Jam... 4.1/5 (20 Votes)
- Strawberry Poke Cake 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Gluten Free Banana Walnut Muffins 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Fresh Blueberry Jam 4.3/5 (9 Votes)