Creamy Parmesan Garlic Mushroom Chicken
This chicken dish with mushrooms and its creamy parmesan garlic sauce is so creamy, flavorful, and satisfying. The whole family can enjoy this one! Serve with a side of pasta.
- CREAMY PARMESAN GARLIC SAUCE:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream or half and half
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from therecipecritic.com
In a large skillet add olive oil and cook the chicken on medium high heat for 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until brown on each side and cooked until no longer pink in center.
Remove chicken and set aside on a plate.
Add the sliced mushrooms to the skillet and cook for a few minutes until tender. Remove and set aside.
CREAMY PARMESAN GARLIC SAUCE:
Add the butter to the skillet and melt. Add garlic and cook until tender.
Whisk in the flour until it thickens. Whisk in chicken broth, heavy cream, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, pepper and salt. Add the spinach and let simmer until it starts to thicken and spinach wilts.
Add the chicken and mushrooms back to the sauce and serve over pasta as desired.
You'll also love
- Perfect Sugar Cookie Cut-outs 4.1/5 (19 Votes)
- 2-Ingredient Creamy Vanilla Rice... 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- Chicken Casserole with Ritz... 4.2/5 (20 Votes)
- Panera Chipotle Chicken Panini 4/5 (30 Votes)
- Garlic Sauerkraut 4.1/5 (29 Votes)
- Peach Cake with Orange Glaze &... 4.2/5 (18 Votes)
- Greek Stuffed Prosciutto & Fig Jam... 4.1/5 (20 Votes)
- Ancho Cream Sauce 4.2/5 (13 Votes)