Starbucks Blueberry Oat Bars Copycat
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
Adapted from relish.com
In saucepan, bring blueberries, sugar and orange juice to boil; reduce heat and simmer until tender, about 10 minutes.
Whisk in cornstarch and boil, stirring, until thickened, about 1 minute. Pour into a bowl. Place plastic wrap directly on surface. Refrigerate until cooled and bearing a consistency similar to that of a jam, about 1 hour or up to 1 day before using.
In a large bowl, stir together oats, flour, brown sugar, salt and baking soda. Add butter to form a crumbly mixture.
Reserve 1 1/2 cups of crumbs; pat remaining dough evenly into the bottom of a greased 9 x 13 inch pan. Spread blueberry mixture over the base. Crumble reserved amount of the base/topping over the blueberry mixture.
Bake at 350F until light golden, about 40-45 minutes. Let cool completely on rack before cutting. Store in refrigerator.
You'll also love
- Beef Vegetable Soup with Noodles 4.6/5 (24 Votes)
- Crab Cake Mac N Cheese 4.6/5 (24 Votes)
- Cornmeal and Ricotta Waffles 4.6/5 (24 Votes)
- Garlic-Parmesan Tilapia 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
- Strawberry Shortcake Scones 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Homemade Cherry Pie Filling = The... 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Kristen's Strawberry Icing 4.5/5 (29 Votes)
- Blueberry Delight 4.6/5 (27 Votes)