Cheesy Lemon Angel Hair
This pasta is heavenly and is crazy easy to prepare. Angel hair pasta is served up in a lemon sauce containing a trio of cheeses, Parmesan, Gruyere and pecorino Romano with herbs and spices.
- 1 pound angel hair pasta
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 lemons, thinly sliced and seeded
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cups chicken broth
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Parmesan, grated
- 1 1/2 cups Gruyere, grated
- 1 1/2 cups pecorino Romano, grated
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped plus more for garnish
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and generously season with salt. Cook pasta according to al dente package directions. Drain.
In a large skillet over low heat add 2 tablespoons olive oil and 2 tablespoons butter. When butter starts to bubble add garlic and lemons. Season with salt and pepper and cook until lemons are softened, about 2 to 3 minutes. Whisk in flour and cook for 1 minute. Add chicken broth and whisk until smooth. Add cheeses while constantly whisking.
Add cooked angel hair and toss in sauce with parsley. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Sesame Chicken 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Frosting, Coconut pecan 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Apple Pie Tacos 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Blueberry Lemon Bread 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Deep Fried Deviled Eggs 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Charleston Shrimp Perloo 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Kite Hill Meyer Lemon Cheesecake 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Penne with Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto 4.6/5 (13 Votes)