Loaded Baked Potato & Chicken Casserole
- 3 - 4 medium russet potatoes, scrubbed and diced
- (about 1.5 lbs. or 4 1/2 cups)
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp, cooled and crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions, sliced (green parts only)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
Adapted from pinterest.com
Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9" x 9" baking pan or casserole dish.
Spread half of the diced potatoes in bottom of pan. Place the diced chicken breasts evenly on top. Season chicken with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Sprinkle with half the bacon crumbles, 1/2 cup of the cheese, and half the green onions.
Spread the remaining diced potatoes on top, followed by the remaining bacon, another 1/2 cup cheese, remaining green onions and another 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
Pour heavy cream over top of casserole and then dot with the butter. Cover with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. Uncover and bake another 30 minutes. In the last few minutes of baking, sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and bake until melted. Serve.
You'll also love
- Hawaiian Pound Cake 4.5/5 (43 Votes)
- Mozzarella, Chicken and Asparagus... 4.5/5 (43 Votes)
- Panko Crusted Crab Cake Bites with... 4.7/5 (35 Votes)
- Cheesy Honey Mustard Chicken 4.3/5 (55 Votes)
- Chicken, Broccoli, and Stuffing... 4.2/5 (85 Votes)
- Butternut Squash, Sweet Potato,... 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Polish Sausage Sauerkraut &... 3.8/5 (140 Votes)
- Low Carb Ham Mac and Cheese... 4.6/5 (35 Votes)