Chicken & Biscuit Bake
A vegetable and chicken dish perfect for your family dinner.
Recipe At: http://www.rhodesbread.com/recipes/view/2390
Print recipe: http://www.rhodesbread.com/recipes/print_recipe/2390
- 12 Rhodes Southern Style or Buttermilk Biscuits, thawed but still cold
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, minced
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 3-4 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 63mins
Adapted from rhodesbread.com
Heat the oil in a 3 quart sauce pan.
Add onion, carrots and celery and saute until tender.
Set vegetables aside with chicken.
In the same sauce pan, melt butter then stir in flour and simmer for 1 minute while stirring.
Combine milk, chicken broth, and poultry seasoning and slowly add to flour mixture while stirring.
Simmer for a few minutes until thicker.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Take the pan off the burner and add vegetables and chicken, coating everything well.
Stir in the parsley.
Pour the filling into a sprayed 9x13-inch baking pan.
Bake at 400°F 18 minutes.
Remove from oven and put the 12 thawed biscuits, spaced evenly, on top of the bubbling mixture.
Bake for another 10-15 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
You'll also love
- Jack Daniels BBQ Boneless Chicken... 4.7/5 (24 Votes)
- Granny’s Secret Fried Chicken 4.1/5 (80 Votes)
- Never-Fail Pound Cake 4.4/5 (45 Votes)
- Scalloped Potato & Ground Beef... 4.1/5 (65 Votes)
- Chicken and Broccoli 4.5/5 (36 Votes)
- Crispy Fried Buttermilk Chicken 4.5/5 (37 Votes)
- Chicken Enchilada Dip 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Risotto Milanese 4.4/5 (43 Votes)