Cinnamon Roll Blintzes
What do you get when you fill Pillsbury cinnamon rolls up with creamy ricotta, smooth cream cheese, and sweet sugar, then roll them up, fry them, and drizzle them with frosting and a dusting of powdered sugar? You get yourself a succulent, warm, delicious cinnamon roll dream come true, that’s what! Enjoy these blintzes any time of the year for breakfast or brunch with your best buds.
- 1 (8 count) can of Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls,, with frosting
- 1/2 cup low fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 (8-ounce) package of cream cheese, 4-ounces total
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups vegetable oil, as needed
- powdered sugar, to taste for garnish
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from ohbiteit.com
In a medium bowl mix together the ricotta, cream cheese, sugar, egg yolk, and vanilla, until creamy and smooth. There should be no lumps. A food processor can be used to ensure that there are no lumps.
Roll out each cinnamon roll until it’s thin and flat. Moisten the entire edge of the roll with some water. Place a tablespoon of the filling onto the lower edge of the roll, leaving a small border. Fold the lower edge up over the filling, fold the sides of the roll inward as if you’re folding an envelope. Roll the blintz up and over the filling like a burrito.
Heat up about 2-inches of vegetable oil in a skillet, and place the stuffed rolls in, 3 at a time because they puff up, flap-side down into the hot oil. Brown them evenly on both sides. Drain them on paper towel and let them cool for at least 5 minutes. Give them a nice, generous drizzle of the enclosed Pillsbury frosting. Dust them with some powdered Sugar.
You'll also love
- Chicken And Vegetable Pasta Salad... 4.4/5 (47 Votes)
- Homemade Peppermint Marshmallows... 4.6/5 (33 Votes)
- Chicken & Broccoli Braid 4.5/5 (36 Votes)
- Gooey Butter Cookies 4.4/5 (46 Votes)
- Maple Bacon Crack 3.9/5 (99 Votes)
- Sicilian Love Cake 4.6/5 (30 Votes)
- Virgin Mudslide 4.7/5 (23 Votes)
- Strawberries & Cream Popcorn 4.5/5 (36 Votes)