Chicken and Spinach Cannelloni Capriccio
- For the pasta:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for working the dough
- 2 large whole eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- chicken Filling:
- 2 1/2 cups cooked chicken meat
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, cooked thawed and water squeezed out
- 1/4 lb. fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 whole and 1 egg yolk
- 1 Tb. flour
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- salt, pepper and nutmeg
- 2 Tb. grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- Grated parmesan cheese
Preparation time 35mins
Cooking time 60mins
Make the pasta: Put the flour and salt in the bowl of a food processor and pulse. In a measuring cup, mix together the eggs, salt and water, and pour through the feed tube into the food processor while running. Process until the dough forms a ball and sticks to the blade, about 30 seconds. Add more water or flour as necessary to achieve the right consistency – a smooth, homogenized, compact dough. Transfer the dough to a floured work surface and knead a few times, just to bring it together. Wrap the dough in plastic and let rest for an hour. Roll dough paper-thin. Cut 3" by 3". Cook 6 at a time in 4 qts. boiling salted water for 5 minute and drain.
Ground together chicken, spinach and mushrooms.
Stir in parmesan cheese egg and egg yolk.
Blend flour and butter cook 1 min.. Add milk gradually. Stirring to smoothness. Off heat stir in grated parmesan cheese and egg yolk.
Place equal amounts of filling on cooked pasta squares and roll up. Cover with sauce. Sprinkle with grated cheese and bake at 375 for 10 min. or until filling is set.
You'll also love
- Million Dollar Pound Cake 4.7/5 (25 Votes)
- Toasted Coconut Pound Cake 4.4/5 (48 Votes)
- Cheesy Honey Mustard Chicken 4.2/5 (64 Votes)
- Paula Deens Chicken Divan 3.9/5 (108 Votes)
- Macaroni Grill Italian Meatloaf 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Skillet Penne with Sausage and... 4.3/5 (47 Votes)
- Puerto Rican Macaroni Salad 4.2/5 (64 Votes)
- Crab, Bacon and Spinach Quiche 4.7/5 (23 Votes)