Sicilian Love Cake
Here's a perfect not-to-sweet treat! This Sicilian Love Cake recipe is perfect for those who are not fans of overly sweet desserts.
- MASCARPONE RICOTTA FILLING:
- 1 box chocolate cake mix, plus the ingredients called for in the directions
- Canola oil, for preparing the pan
- 28 ounces ricotta cheese (3 1/2 cups)
- 4 ounces mascarpone (1/2 cup)
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- COCOA MASCARPONE FROSTING:
- 10 ounces mascarpone (1 1/4 cups)
- 1 cup whole milk
- One 3.9 ounce box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
Preheat the oven according to the cake mix directions.
Coat a 9x13 inch pan with canola oil.
Prepare the cake batter according to the cake mix directions, pour into the prepared pan and set aside.
Combine the ricotta, mascarpone, eggs, sugar and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer and whisk until smooth. Gently pour the filling onto the cake pan of chocolate batter so the top is completely white. Bake until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean and the chocolate layer has risen to the top, about 40 minutes. Let the cake cool completely.
Just before serving, blend together the mascarpone, milk, chocolate pudding mix and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer until smooth. Using an offset spatula, spread the frosting evenly over the cake and serve.
You'll also love
- Pineapple Coconut Oil Banana Bread 4.4/5 (32 Votes)
- 'Blackberry Bramble' Chocolate... 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Mini Pizza Tacos 4.4/5 (49 Votes)
- Never-Fail Pound Cake 4.4/5 (44 Votes)
- Clinton Kelly's Strawberry Basil... 4.5/5 (36 Votes)
- Vanilla Cupcakes with Whipped... 4.5/5 (37 Votes)
- Malasadas, Hawaiian Donuts 4/5 (140 Votes)