Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (I used entire can)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 4 drops of red food coloring( cookies retain a pumpkin color)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon ( or pumpkin pie spice)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Combine pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, and egg in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, (used a 4-cup measuring cup) stir together flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and salt.
In a small bowl, dissolve baking soda with the milk and stir into the wet ingredients. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix well.
Add vanilla, chocolate chips, and nuts.
Drop by the spoonful on greased cookie sheet (or use parchment paper) and bake at 350 degrees F for approximately 12 minutes or until lightly brown and firm.