Tropical Pineapple Coconut Banana Bread
This Tropical Pineapple Coconut Banana Bread is a winner! Great tropical flavors flourish in this dense moist bread. Try it, I just know you'll love it!
- 1 stick of butter, melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups white flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 5 very ripe bananas, coarsely mashed
- 6 oz. canned crushed pineapple, drain liquid
- 5 oz. canned cream of coconut (not coconut milk – however I have used coconut milk when I couldn’t find cream of coconut and I added a 1/4 tsp of vanilla)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup of roughly chopped and toasted macadamia nuts
Adapted from blogs.babble.com
Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a standard loaf pan.
Toast the nuts in the oven for about 10 minutes.
Cream butter, 2 of the mashed bananas and sugars in a large bowl.
Mix in eggs.
In a separate bowl, mix the remaining dry ingredients.
Mash remaining bananas thoroughly in another bowl (3rd) and fold in pineapple, cream of coconut, and vanilla.
Fold both banana mixtures from other two bowls slowly into dry ingredients – don’t over mix!
Fold in the nuts.
Pour batter into the pan.
Bake for about 55-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out mostly clean, rotate pan a few times while baking (Cooking time may vary depending upon your oven… my oven is commercial grade and tends to cook faster than others… just keep an eye on it :-)
Let the bread cool on a rack and turn out of the pan after about fifteen minutes. Let cool almost completely (approximately 45 minutes) before slicing. The bread will be very dense and moist.
You'll also love
- Rosemary Pork Chops 4.5/5 (73 Votes)
- Mango Key Lime Pie 4/5 (134 Votes)
- Citrus Almond Champagne Cake 4.4/5 (84 Votes)
- Pineapple Upside Down Cheese Cake 4.2/5 (97 Votes)
- APPLE CIDER MOLASSES HONEY CURE... 4.6/5 (70 Votes)
- Coconut Cream Pie 4.6/5 (65 Votes)
- Strawberry Banana Pancake Kebabs 4.5/5 (68 Votes)
- Pineapple Scones 4/5 (112 Votes)