Olive Garden Lemon Cream Cake
This scrumptious copy-cat recipe is a perfect summer treat. Grab a slice of Olive Garden Lemon Cream Cake with a tall glass of ice tea.
- 1 Betty Crocker white cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 egg whites
- Note: These measurements are based on a Betty Crocker cake mix. If you chose to use a different brand, the ingredients and measurements might be different.
- Lemon Cream Filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Vanilla Crumb Topping
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Adapted from sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net
Make white cake according to the directions on the box. Divide batter between two 9'' cake pans. Bake according to box directions. Remove from oven and allow to cool in pans for 15 minutes. Then, invert cakes to cooling rack and cool completely.
Make the lemon cream filling by mixing cream cheese and powdered sugar in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Mix in lemon juice. Whip the cream in a large bowl with an electric mixer on high speed until it forms stiff peaks. Fold cream cheese mixture with whipped cream. Stir gently by hand until blended.
Make crumb topping by combining flour and powdered sugar in a medium bowl. Add butter and dribble in the vanilla extract. Use your hands or a pastry cutter to mix cold butter into flour and sugar. Break butter into smaller and smaller pieces as you incorporate it into the dry ingredients. Be sure not to press the mixture together. You want to end up with a very crumbly consistency with pieces no bigger than a pea.
When the cake is cool, spread all but 1/2 cup of the lemon cream mixture onto the bottom half of the cake, then carefully place the top half of the cake over the filling. Spread remaining filling over the top and sides of the cake. Sprinkle the crumb topping on top of the cake and press it onto the sides all the way around the cake. Now chill the cake for at least three hours before you serve it. When you are ready to dig in, slice cake into 12 slices. Serve each slice topped with powdered sugar tapped through a strainer. Keep refrigerated.
You'll also love
- Parmesan Crusted Baked Zucchini... 4.6/5 (69 Votes)
- Turkey Zucchini Meatballs 4.5/5 (72 Votes)
- Apple Cinnamon Fritters 4.4/5 (80 Votes)
- Caramel-Apple Jello Shots 4.5/5 (71 Votes)
- Black Olive Appetizers 4.6/5 (67 Votes)
- Orange Chicken and Vegetable Stir... 4.5/5 (73 Votes)
- Angel Lemon Torte 4.5/5 (71 Votes)
- Pasta, Tomatoes, Veggie Broth,... 4.3/5 (94 Votes)