Pumpkin-Dark Chocolate Macarons
- 190 grams Almond Flour
- 310 grams Powdered Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Pumpkin Spice
- 150 grams Egg Whites
- 95 grams of Sugar
- Orange Food Coloring
- Dark Chocolate Ganache w/ 1 tablespoon of Pumpkin Spice
Preparation time 60mins
Cooking time 75mins
Adapted from chefjoshuaalan.com
1. Measure out powdered sugar, almond flour, and pumpkin spice, then place them in a clean bowl.
2. Sift the three ingredients.
3. Stir well in a clean bowl.
4. With an electric mixer, meat egg whites on high.
5. Once egg whites start to begin to hold their shape, add sugar in 3 installments, beating well after each.
6. Beat until stiff peaks form.
7. Add about a teaspoon of orange coloring.
8. Mix on high.
9. Beat until fully mixed and stiff peaks form back.
10. In 3 installments, add egg white mixture to dry ingredients.
11. Fold the egg whites into the dry ingredients.
12. Fold until just combined.
13. Using a pastry scraper, press against the batter and slide the scraper back and north to remove air bubbles. Do this about 3 or 4 times.
14. Move batter to a piping back with a medium round tip.
15. Pipe batter onto parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
16. Tap sheet on counter to settle batter.
17. Let macarons sit at room temperature for about 45 minutes-1 hour.One should be able to touch macaroons and leave no indention.
18. Bake at 350 for 9-10 minutes. Do not open oven until you are sure they are done.
19. Once macarons are cool and the ganache is ready, match up macarons to another one of similar size, and then make small indention in the underside of each with a finger.
20. Add ganache.
21. Place top on, and they are read to eat! Best the next day as the ganache sets up and moistens the almond cookies!