HEALTHY FRENCH ONION TURKEY BURGER
- 1 lb. turkey
- 1 packet dried french onion dip seasoning
- 1 large Vidalia or Spanish onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated garlic
- Salt and Pepper
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 45mins
Spray griddle pan with a non-stick olive oil. Heat to medium high.
In the meantime, mix turkey with the onion seasoning. Grate about 3 tablespoons of the onion and add to mix. Add salt and fresh cracked pepper. Shape into four burgers.
Slice the remaining onion. Cook your burgers on your griddle pan and saute your onions in a frying pan also sprayed with non-stick oil. Add the garlic. Hit the onions with salt and fresh cracked pepper. Once the onions carmelize add the Worcestershire sauce and turn off heat.
Assemble the cooked burgers on foil in your oven or toaster oven and add the onions on top. Now here is where you can go crazy if you want! Top it with your favorite cheese or your traditional french onion soup cheeses...Mozzarella, Provolone, Parmigiana, whatever. I like to put a slice of low fat swiss. It packs a punch with very few calories.
Finally, broil until the cheeses just begin to melt and serve it on one of those fresh deli toasted wheat buns or a toasted garlic roll.
Garnish the burger with one or two slices of garlic pickles or jewish pickles. Their crunchy like chips but a lot healthier!
You'll also love
- Best Cucumber Sandwiches 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- Tapas: Coconut Shrimp 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- One Pot Chicken and Rice with Peas... 4.2/5 (48 Votes)
- Red Lobster Bacon Wrapped Sea... 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
- Cheese Tortellini Soup w/... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Beef and Green Onion Stir-Fry 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- French Onion Beef Stroganoff 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Quicker Turkey Burgers 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
Review this recipe