Beef and Green Onion Stir-Fry
- 1 1/2 bunches green onions
- 1 lb top round steak
- 3 tbsp cornstarch, divided
- 3 tbsp lite soy sauce
- 1 medium-size red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil (optional)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Peanuts (optional)
Thoroughly wash green onions. Remove root ends and tips of onion; cut into 2-inch pieces. Place pieces in a large bowl.
Cut steak across the grain into thin slices, and add to green onions in bowl. Sprinkle with 2 tbsp cornstarch and soy sauce, tossing to coat.
Saute beef mixture and red bell pepper, in 2 batches, in hot vegetable oil and if desired, sesame oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until beef is done and bell pepper is crisp-tender. Whisk together beef broth, vinegar, red pepper flakes and remaining 1 tbsp cornstarch. Add to beef mixture in skillet, and bring to a boil. Cook 1 minutes or until thickened. Top with peanuts, if desired.
Serve stir-fry over hot cooked rice, if desired.
You'll also love
- Cheese & Bacon, Grilled Sandwiches 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Hot Artichoke & Spinach Dip 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Homemade Raffaello - Almond... 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Spinach & Artichoke Dip 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Easy Beef Stew 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Marinated Cucumbers, Onions, and... 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- French Onion Cups 4.7/5 (3 Votes)