Tapas: Coconut Shrimp
- 1/2 cup dry unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tsp chinese five-spice powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- zest of 1 lime
- 1 egg white
- 1 ob fan tail shrimp
- corn oil, for frying
1. Mix together the shredded coconut, bread crumbs, five-spice powder, salt and lime zest.
2. Lightly whisk the egg white in a separate bowl.
3. Rinse the shrimp under cold running water, and pat dry with paper towels
4. Dip the shrimp into the egg white, then into the coconut and bread crumb mix, so that they are evenly coated.
5. Heat about 2 inches of corn oil in a large preheated wok.
6. Add the shrimp to the wok and stir-fry for 5 minutes until golden and crisp.
You'll also love
- Lemon Poppy Seed Layer Cake 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Strawberry Cake from Scratch:: By... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Beer Battered Fish & Golden Chips 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Old-Fashioned Coconut Custard Pie 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Za'atar Salmon 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Gluten-Free, High-Protein Coconut... 3.8/5 (115 Votes)
- Bay Scallop Gratin 4.2/5 (33 Votes)
- Pasta with shrimp and asparagus 4.5/5 (12 Votes)