Spinach, Bacon, and Onion Dip
- 4 slices bacon, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced medium
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 bar (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- Crostini or pita chips, for serving
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium saucepan, cook bacon over medium, stirring occasionally, until browned and crisp, 10 minutes. Drain bacon on paper towels. Discard all but 1 tablespoon fat from pan. Add onion to pan, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 8 minutes. Add flour and cook 30 seconds. Add spinach, milk, sour cream, and cream cheese. Cook, stirring, until cream cheese melts, 2 minutes. Stir in bacon and 1/4 cup Parmesan.
2.Transfer mixture to a 1 1/2-quart baking dish and top with 1/4 cup Parmesan. Bake until bubbling, 14 minutes. Heat broiler and broil until top browns, 3 minutes. Let sit 5 minutes. Serve dip warm with crostini or pita chips.
Read more at Marthastewart.com: Spinach, Bacon, and Onion Dip - Martha Stewart Recipes