Turkey-Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe
This is a great main dish that cuts out dairy and substitutes soy cheese. The pepper is stuffed with ground turkey, onion, tomato, peppers, and garlic.
- 5 medium green peppers
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds extra-lean ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (7-ounce) package cheddar-flavored soy cheese, shredded
- 2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
Cut peppers in half lengthwise and discard seeds. In a large kettle, cook peppers in boiling water for 3 to 5 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside.
In a large skillet, sauté onion in oil until tender. Add the turkey, cumin, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt and pepper; cook and stir over medium heat until meat is no longer pink.
Transfer to a large bowl; stir in the soy cheese, tomatoes and bread crumbs. Spoon into pepper halves. Place in a 15-inch x 10-inch x 1-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with paprika.
Bake, uncovered, at 325°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through and peppers are tender.
You'll also love
- Mesquite Smoked Turkey with a... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Turnip Cauliflower Mash 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Triple Tomato Chicken W.W. Points... 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Baked Brie with Raspberry Jam,... 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Black Skillet Tex-Mex chicken 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Sara Lee Butter Coffee Cake 4.3/5 (30 Votes)
- Kale Stuffed Pork Loin Roast 4.4/5 (29 Votes)
- Crispy Chicken Thighs with Roasted... 4.7/5 (6 Votes)