Zesty Italian Tuna Casserole
Stewed tomatoes give zest to this Italian tuna casserole covered in melted mozzarella cheese and loaded with tuna and mushrooms.
- 1 can or 2 packages chunk tuna
- 2/3 cup small or thin pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can stewed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese, divided
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook pasta to package directions and drain.
Heat olive oil in small skillet. Sauté onions and garlic for about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and sauté an additional 3 to 4 minutes until softened.
Mix in tuna, tomatoes, red peppers, pasta and 1/4 cup of cheese. Spoon into small baking dish and bake for 10 minutes.
Sprinkle with additional cheese and return to oven for another 5 minutes to melt cheese.
You'll also love
- Broiled Salmon in Wine Dijon Sauce 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Ground Lamb & Hummus Pita Pizzas 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Flat Belly - Rotini w/Chicken and... 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Vietnamese BBQ Shrimp Vermicelli... 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Fig-Prosciutto Pizza with Arugula 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Teriyaki Halibut 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Creamy Chicken and Broccoli... 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Spicy Tuna Cakes 4.4/5 (25 Votes)