Chocolate Strawberry Shortcake
You will love this quick, easy and delicious Chocolate Strawberry Shortcake recipe. After all, adding chocolate is always a success!
- 1 package chocolate fudge cake mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 egg whites
- 1 (6-ounce) container strawberry yogurt
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 (16-ounces) container whipped cream or fresh whipped cream
- 4 ounces mini chocolate chips
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from qvc.com
Heat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a rectangular baking pan.
Beat cake mix, water, oil, egg whites, and yogurt in a large bowl on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into the greased pan.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until cake springs back when touched lightly in the center. Cool completely.
Turn cake out onto a cutting board. Cut in half horizontally, and place the bottom layer on a trivet.
Frost the cake with whipped cream and then scatter sliced strawberries on top. Place second layer of cake on top and repeat layering with whipped cream and sliced strawberries.
Garnish with a sprinkle of mini chocolate chips on top of the strawberries.
You'll also love
- Coconut Lime Gelatin 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- APPLE PIE 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Champagne Punch with Raspberry &... 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Strawberry Hand Pies 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Baked Reuben Sliders 4.2/5 (14 Votes)
- Orange Dream Mimosas 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Sour Milk Cake 4/5 (8 Votes)
- Frozen Strawberry Lemonade Pie 4.3/5 (4 Votes)