Strawberry Shortcake Cheesecake
Strawberry Shortcake Cheesecake combines the rich and creamy flavors of everyone's favorite dessert, cheesecake, with the sweet, tart, and creamy summertime dessert of strawberry cheesecake to make the ultimate dessert for your next gathering. This dish pairs perfectly with the heat of the summer, whether you are enjoying the sunshine by the pool, on the beach, or just BBQing in your backyard.
- BOTTOM CRUST:
- 22 golden Oreos crushed
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 2/3 cups sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 (11.75-ounce) jar of Smuckers strawberry ice cream topping
- 12 golden Oreos crushed, divided into 2 bowls--1 for plain Oreo topping and 1 for your strawberry ones
- 1 1/2 teaspoon softened butter
- 3 tablespoons of strawberry gelatin
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 100mins
Adapted from recipe-of-today.blogspot.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Line the outer perimeter of your pan with aluminum foil and generously apply butter to the inside to prevent sticking.
Crush the Oreo's and mix them with the butter, press into the bottom of your 9-inch springform pan.
Place 1 (8-ounce) package of the cream cheese, 1/3 cup of the sugar, and the cornstarch in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on low until creamy, about 3 minutes, then beat in the remaining 3 (8-ounce) packages of the cream cheese. Increase the mixer speed to high and beat in the remaining 1 1/3 cups of the sugar, then beat in the vanilla.
Blend in the eggs, 1 at a time, beating the batter well after each one. Blend in heavy cream. At this point mix the filling only until completely blended. Be careful not to over-mix the batter.
Gently spoon 1/2 of the cheese filling on top of the prepared crust. Spoon about 1/2 of the jar of strawberry topping here and there. Drag a butter knife through the strawberries to marbleize the cream cheese mixture and the strawberry ice cream topping. Spoon in the other half of the batter and then repeat the strawberry process on top. Bake for 1 hour or until there is only a slight jiggle when shaken gently.
In a small bowl or in your food processor, add the Oreo cookies, and pulse into large crumbs. Add the softened butter and mix gently with a fork or your hands to make pea-sized pieces stick together. Scoop out 2 tablespoons of the mixture into a small bowl and set aside.
Pour strawberry gelatin powder over the remaining crumbs and continue pinching the pieces together. Add more softened butter if needed for the mixture to stick to the cooled baked cake.
You'll also love
- Rice Krispie Cookies 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Cinnamon Chip, Cranberry & Pecan... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Crock Pot Pierogi Casserole with... 3.8/5 (54 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bars 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- The No-Peel Apple Cake 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- No Bake Key Lime Cheesecake 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- 4th of July Fireworks Cake 4.4/5 (23 Votes)