Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
Crispy graham cracker crust, vanilla cake and the creamiest pumpkin pie frosting ever makes the perfect Fall dessert.
- 1 3/4 cups cake flour
- 1 cups sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup or 1 stick unsalted butter, diced, room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST:
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- PUMPKIN PIE FROSTING:
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 (16-ounce) can pureed pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 75mins
The "frosting" should be made first as it takes the longest to bake and needs to cool before using. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
In a medium bowl, mix together all the filling ingredients until well combined. Pour the filling into a 9-inch round pan. Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce to 350°F and continue cooking for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the filling comes out clean. Let cool completely before using.
To make the cupcakes, preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a cupcake pan with liners, set aside. Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Add the butter and 1/4 cup of milk. Mix on medium speed until smooth, about 4 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed.
In another bowl, blend the eggs, egg white, remaining 1/4 cup milk and vanilla. Add to the batter in 3 additions, mixing for 2 minutes on medium speed after each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl in between additions. Set aside.
To make the crust, combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter in a medium bowl and mix well. Add 1 tablespoon of the mixture into the bottom of each cupcake liner and bake for 5 minutes until the graham crackers are golden.
Remove from the oven then fill about 1/2 full with the cake batter. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely. To frost, scoop the pumpkin pie "frosting" into a piping bag and pipe onto the cupcakes.
You'll also love
- FRESH CALIFORNIA ORANGE CAKE 4.5/5 (41 Votes)
- Crispy Chicken Tortilla Rollups ... 4.6/5 (46 Votes)
- Grilled Stuffed Portobello... 4.5/5 (41 Votes)
- Jumbo Shrimp Grand Mariner 4.3/5 (56 Votes)
- Oreo-Raspberry Cookie Balls 4.5/5 (41 Votes)
- Basic Sugar Cookies 4.5/5 (41 Votes)
- Pasta with Snap Peas, Basil, and... 4.5/5 (41 Votes)
- Healthy Potato Gratin with Herbs 4.5/5 (41 Votes)