Sautéed Green Beans with Garlic and Herbs
Get delicious, tender, lightly browned, fresh-tasting beans in just one pan.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced or pressed through garlic press, about 1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound green beans, stem ends snapped off, beans cut into 2-inch pieces
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Adapted from cooksillustrated.com
Combine butter, garlic, and thyme in small bowl; set aside. Heat oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat until just smoking.
Add beans, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until spotty brown, 4 to 6 minutes.
Add water, cover, and cook until beans are bright green and still crisp, about 2 minutes. Remove cover, increase heat to high, and cook until water evaporates, 30 to 60 seconds.
Add butter mixture and continue to cook, stirring frequently, until beans are crisp-tender, lightly browned, and beginning to wrinkle, 1 to 3 minutes longer.
Transfer beans to serving bowl, toss with lemon juice and parsley; adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Strawberry Avocado Kale Salad with... 4.6/5 (32 Votes)
- Crab Rangoon Dip with Wonton Chips 4.5/5 (35 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread... 4.6/5 (34 Votes)
- Garlic Shrimp in Panini Press 4.2/5 (57 Votes)
- Green Bean Bundles with Garlic... 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Southern Green Beans and New... 4.6/5 (27 Votes)