Glazed Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
Forget buying muffins at the store—when these warm muffins come out of the oven, you'll want to make your own from here on out!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, grated
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon melted butter
- Powdered sugar
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from thibeaultstable.com
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line muffin tins with paper liners.
In a medium bowl whisk flour, baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, and baking soda.
In a small bowl whisk sour cream, buttermilk and lemon juice to blend.
In a large bowl, using electric mixer, cream together sugar, butter, and lemon zest. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition until mixture is light and fluffy, occasionally scraping down sides of bowl.
Mix dry ingredients into the creamed mixture in 3 additions, alternating with 2 additions of the sour cream/buttermilk mixture. Mix just until blended. Stir in poppy seeds. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
Bake muffins until tester inserted into center comes out clean, 20 to 22 minutes. Cool in pans 5 minutes. Remove muffins from pans and cool on rack.
Mix together melted butter, lemon juice and enough powdered sugar to make a glaze. Drizzle or pipe glaze over tops of warm muffins.
You'll also love
- Tomato-Basil Bisque-Southern... 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Cranberry Chutney 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Pan Seared Talapia with lemon herb... 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Mini Orange Angel Food Cakes 4.3/5 (30 Votes)
- Date Ball Cookies 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Southern Mayonnaise Biscuits 3.9/5 (106 Votes)
- Blueberry Bundt Cake with Lemon... 4.3/5 (29 Votes)
- Galaxy Donuts 4.4/5 (28 Votes)