Ginger- Sweet Potato Cheesecake
Try this delicious Ginger- Sweet Potato Cheesecake recipe. So delicious and great for the holidays!
- 12 ounces sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1" pieces
- 1 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 15 gingersnap cookies
- 3/4 cup fiber one cereal
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 8 ounces fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces Neufchatel cheese, softened
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 3 egg whites
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoon whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preparation time 16mins
Cooking time 265mins
Adapted from recipes.womenshealthmag.com
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat a 9" springform pan with cooking spray.
Combine the potatoes in a large saucepan over high heat with enough cold water to cover by 2". Bring to a boil; cook until the potatoes are tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Drain and mash; cool. Meanwhile, bring 1 cup water to a boil in a small saucepan over high heat. Remove from the heat, add the apricots and let stand for 10 minutes; drain.
In the bowl of a food processor, combine the cookies and cereal; process until finely ground. Transfer to a bowl and add the butter; mix well. Firmly press the mixture into the bottom and 1" up the sides of the prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes; cool on a wire rack. Reduce the oven temperature to 325°F.
In the bowl of an electric mixer, place the mashed sweet potatoes, cream cheese, and Neufchatel cheese and beat on high speed until smooth, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add the yogurt, egg whites, sugar, ginger, flour, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract, and salt and beat well. Sprinkle the apricots over the bottom of the prepared crust. Pour the potato mixture over the apricots. Bake until the cheesecake is almost set, about 42 to 45 minutes. Turn the oven off and let stand for 1 hour. Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 3 hours before serving.
You'll also love
- Hummus Pizza With Caramelized... 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Szechuan Bok Choy 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Date Ball Cookies 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Two-Toned Shredded Potatoes 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Make Ahead Turkey Thanksgiving... 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- CAKE - Marvelous Mocha Pound Cake 4.1/5 (43 Votes)
- Galaxy Donuts 4.3/5 (53 Votes)
- Sausage, Green Beans and Potato... 4.2/5 (32 Votes)