Tomato-Basil Bisque-Southern Lvg-March 2012
Rate this recipe
- 2 (10 3/4-ounce) cans tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Toppings: fresh basil leaves, freshly ground pepper, Parmesan cheese
Cook first 5 ingredients in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat, stirring often, 6 to 8 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve immediately with desired toppings.
Also appeared in the October 2002 issue.
You'll also love
BLT and P (Bacon, Leek, Tomato and Potato) Soup - Rachael Ray
Spicy Romano Chicken with Artichoke Hearts & Sun-dried Tomatoes