Toasted Coconut Pound Cake
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pan
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled), plus more for pan
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons buttermilk, divided
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut, toasted, divided
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
Adapted from littlebitsof.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a loaf pan. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. In a large mixing bowl with paddle attachment, beat butter and granulated sugar on medium-high until light and fluffy, scraping down bowl as needed. Add vanilla, then eggs, one at a time, beating well and scraping down bowl. With mixer on low, add flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating with two 1/2-cup additions buttermilk, and beat until combined. With a rubber spatula, fold in 1 1/4 cups coconut.
Transfer batter to pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, 60 minutes. Let cool in pan the remove cake from pan and let cool completely on rack.
Whisk together confectioners' sugar and remaining 2 tablespoons buttermilk. Drizzle over cake and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup coconut.
You'll also love
- Cheesy Honey Mustard Chicken 4.2/5 (65 Votes)
- Paula Deens Chicken Divan 3.8/5 (126 Votes)
- Old-Fashioned Irish Oatmeal Cake 4.3/5 (61 Votes)
- Yoder's Peanut Butter Pie 4/5 (138 Votes)
- Chocolate Malt Ice Cream Cake 4.6/5 (33 Votes)
- Coconut Layer Cake with Swiss... 4.8/5 (15 Votes)
- Chicken & Dumplings Pot Pie 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Chicken & Biscuit Bake 4.6/5 (30 Votes)