Orange Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate chip cookies with a hint of orange and cranberry - they have just enough fruit to not make you feel guilty!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried cranberries, roughly chopped
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Preheat oven to 375°F. In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, whip together butter, light-brown sugar, granulated sugar and orange zest on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy about 4 minutes. Mix in egg and egg yolk. Stir in orange extract and vanilla extract.
With mixer set on low speed, slowly add in dry ingredients and mix just until combine. Mix in chocolate chips and cranberries (if you want them to look like those pictured, set aside some of the chocolate chips and cranberries to gently press into the top of the cookie dough balls before baking).
Scoop dough out 2 tablespoons at a time and gently roll into balls, then place onto Silpat lined cookie sheets spacing them 2-inches apart. Bake in preheated oven about 10 to 11 minutes. Allow to cool on cookie sheet two minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container.
You'll also love
- Strawberry Moscow Mule 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- French Onion Bites 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Raspberry Tarts 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- HCG Diet (P3) Danish Filling for... 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Rhoda's Candied Sweet Potatoes -... 4.3/5 (25 Votes)
- Mantecaditos - Puerto Rican... 4/5 (67 Votes)
- Pineapple Orange Sunshine Cake 4/5 (61 Votes)
- No Bake Key Lime Pie In A Jar 4.3/5 (23 Votes)