No special equipment needed - use cupcake pans to bake delicious raspberry tarts! Rich with butter and flavorful with raspberry, cinnamon and cloves.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsps finely grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cups bleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups blanched slivered almonds, ground
- 1 to 1 1/4 cups best-quality seedless red raspberry jam
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 120mins
Beat butter until creamy. Add sugar and beat until thoroughly incorporated. Beat egg yolks slightly with vanilla and lemon zest. Add to creamed mixture, stirring thoroughly. Sift dry ingredients together, then stir into creamed mixture. Stir in almonds.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray two nonstick cupcake pans with vegetable oil spray. Using a 2-tablespoon scoop (or measuring out in 2 tablespoon increments), place one scoop of batter into each cupcake pan. Pat the batter gently to cover the bottom of each cup. Do not indent the dough or the jam that is to be cooked in the center will leak through. Place 2 teaspoons of jam in the center of each tart.
Bake for about 15 minutes, until the batter has risen and turned golden brown around the jam. After the pans have been removed from the oven, use a sharp knife to loosen the edges of each tart. Allow the tarts to cool in the pan until cool to the touch, at least 1 hour. Using a kitchen knife gently lever the tarts out onto cookie racks and allow to cool completely. You may serve them plain, or sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with a scoop of best-quality vanilla ice cream.
You'll also love
- SAUSAGE, POTATO & CHEESE FRITTATA 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Grilled Strawberry-Rhubarb Cobbler... 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Mango Chicken Lettuce Wraps 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Grilled Pork Chops Recipe 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Refreshing Strawberry Frosty 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Fresh Raspberry Shooters 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Smoked Salmon Crostini 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Tomato Cobbler 4.5/5 (12 Votes)