Honey Roasted Chickpeas with Sea Salt
Honey-glazed crispy chickpeas are a healthy sweet and salty snack packed with protein. Store in an airtight container to enjoy whenever the mood strikes.
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 tablespoon canola oil, or other neutral tasting oil
- Sea salt, to taste
Adapted from alidaskitchen.com
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
Empty chickpeas into a colander. Rinse until no longer foamy and drain.
Put chickpeas onto paper towels to pat dry. Remove skins from chickpeas, if desired.
Place chickpeas in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Bake 45 minutes, or until chickpeas are crunchy.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk honey and oil. Add hot chickpeas and toss to coat.
Pour coated chickpeas back onto lined baking sheet and return to the oven for 5 to 10 minutes, or until caramelized.
Sprinkle with sea salt, as desired, and let cool. Store in an airtight container.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (888 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (892 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.5/5 (685 Votes)
- Butternut Squash, Ricotta &... 4.5/5 (493 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Cinnamon Toast, the Pioneer Woman... 4.5/5 (442 Votes)
- Kool-Aid Ice Cubes in Sprite 4.5/5 (234 Votes)