Pork Chops with Herbed Gravy Recipe
Juicy, fork tender chops with herbed gravy will fill your kitchen with a wonderful aroma.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Dash garlic powder
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (6-ounces each and 3/4 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
In a resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, paprika and garlic powder. Set aside 2 teaspoons flour mixture for gravy. Add chops to remaining flour mixture; shake to coat.
In a skillet, brown pork chops in oil for 4 minutes on each side. Transfer to a greased shallow 1-qt. baking dish. Add onion to skillet; cook and stir until tender. Stir in reserved flour mixture until blended; cook and stir for 1 minute or until lightly browned. Gradually stir in water. Add the bouillon, basil and thyme. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over pork.
Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with tomato. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer inserted in pork reads 160° and tomato is heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
You'll also love
- Artichoke Crab Dip 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Seafood Kabobs 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Chipotle-Lime Chicken Breasts 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Beef and Cheddar Casserole 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Spicy Pop Pulled Pork 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- The Ultimate Hot Pork Rib Rub 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Minestrone Soup 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Mushroom & Fontina Quiche 4.4/5 (14 Votes)