Tomato, Stone Fruit & Fresh Mozzarella Salad
Chef: Stephanie Izard
Her Restaurants: Girl & the Goat, Little Goat, Little Goat Bread, all in Chicago
What She's Known For: Crowd-pleasing food served without pretense. Evolving from chef to reality-TV star to food-world heavy-hitter.
- 1 cup roasted and salted pistachios, roughly chopped
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/4 cups roughly torn bread
- 1 1/4 pounds heirloom tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 ripe nectarine, cut into wedges
- 2 ripe plums, cut into wedges
- 10 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 8 basil leaves, roughly chopped
Adapted from online.wsj.com
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
To Make Vinaigrette:
In a medium bowl, whisk together pistachios, lemon juice, honey and 4 tablespoons oil until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
To Make Croutons:
Toss bread with remaining oil and season with salt. Spread croutons in a single layer on a baking tray and bake until golden, 12-15 minutes.
In a bowl, toss tomatoes with stone fruit and season with salt. Divide mozzarella slices among plates and season with salt and pepper. Top with fruit mixture, drizzle with vinaigrette and garnish with basil and croutons. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Tomato - Cucumber Mozzarella Salad 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Roble Ali's Hawaiian Pork... 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Prosciutto Lamb Burgers 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- “Shortcut” – Chocolate... 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Quinoa & Butternut Squash with... 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Seafood Stuffed Onion 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Tomato Soup Carrot Spice Muffins... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Penne, Tomato and Mozzarella Salad 5/5 (1 Votes)