Stuffing with Ritz Crackers, Apples, Walnuts & Mushrooms
This stuffing recipe comes together quickly using Ritz cracker crumbs instead of bread cubes or cornbread. Flavored with the sweet-tartness from Granny Smith apples, and seasoned perfect, it will become a family favorite.
- 1 cup coarsely chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, 1/2 stick
- 1 (1-pound) package RITZ crackers, coarsely crushed, about 7 cups crumbs
- 2 Granny Smith apples, unpeeled, cored and large diced
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoons chopped, minced rosemary
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 eggs, beaten
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 80mins
Preheat oven to 325°F. Cook mushrooms, onion, apples and celery in butter in skillet on medium heat until tender.
Mix cracker crumbs, walnuts, parsley, rosemary, poultry seasoning, pepper and vegetable mixture in large bowl. Add broth and eggs, tossing until well blended. Spoon into 2 quart baking dish or pan; cover.
Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until heated through.
You'll also love
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts with... 3.4/5 (42 Votes)
- Wildfire Chopped Salad 4/5 (35 Votes)
- Crock Pot Coca-Cola Ribs 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- P.F. Chang's Spicy Dip for Fried... 3.6/5 (23 Votes)
- Bacon-Bourbon Apple Jello Shots 3.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Boston Market's Squash Casserole 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Passover Matzo Farfel Stuffing 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Oyster Stuffing 2 4/5 (2 Votes)