Boston Market's Squash Casserole
Boston Market's Squash Casserole is the best vegan squash casserole that your taste buds have ever had the privilege of tasting. Serve this dish as a main course with a lightly dressed side salad or assorted roasted vegetables or steamed veggies, or serve this recipe as a succulent side dish on the side of any vegan main course meal. This recipe is perfect for any party because it serves a crowd and it is a comfort-food-classic.
- 4 cups zucchini, chopped
- 4 cups yellow squash, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 sticks Earth Balance or other vegan butter
- salt, black pepper, sage, thyme, and parsley to taste
- 1 package cheddar Daiya or other vegan shredded cheese
- 1 better than bouillon no chicken vegan bouillon cube
- 1 loaf of freshly baked vegan cornbread
Preparation time 35mins
Cooking time 130mins
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
In a large pot add chopped zucchini and yellow squash, cover with water, and cook until squash is tender.
In another pan melt the Earth Balance. Saute onions in the Earth Balance until tender. Add 1 cube better than bouillon, thyme, salt, black pepper, and parsley to taste.
Drain squash. Reserve 1 cup of the squash cooking water, save for later.
And add the squash to the onion mixture. Combine well. Add 1 package of cheddar Daiya, mixing well. Crumble cornbread into the mixture and add the 1 cup of reserved water, make sure everything is well-combined. Add mixture to a lightly greased casserole dish, cover and bake at 375°F for about an hour or until browned and bubbly.
Let cool for 10 to 15 minutes, then serve.
You'll also love
- Butternut Squash, Ricotta &... 4.2/5 (762 Votes)
- Zucchini & Sweet Corn Casserole 4.4/5 (225 Votes)
- Butternut Squash Barley Risotto 4.7/5 (30 Votes)
- Chilled Summer Squash Soup 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Grilled Summer Squash Stacks with... 4.5/5 (32 Votes)
- Blue Moose Spinach Dip 4.1/5 (17 Votes)
- CRANBERRY APPLE PECAN WILD RICE... 3.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Bacon & Cheese Deviled Eggs 3.5/5 (20 Votes)