Ground Beef Stroganoff
Ground beef stroganoff is a delicious, hearty dish that can feed a crowd.Thickened up with egg noodles, flavored with onion and garlic, it's a family favorite. Quick and easy one-pan dinner, Ground Beef Stroganoff served over egg noodles is a favorite of the comfort foods. Serve with a side salad, roasted vegetables, or just a nice slice of crusty bread to sop up that luscious gravy.
- 1 pound ground beef, browned
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (12-ounce) package egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 1/4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy cream, or half and half
- 1/2 cup beef broth
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from welcome-home-blog.net
Brown beef in large skillet. Add salt and pepper to taste. Drain beef, pour in bowl and set aside. Using same skillet, sauté onion and garlic until tender. Add beef back in and stir.
In large deep skillet, melt butter. Add flour and whisk for a full minute until lightly golden. Slowly pour in cream whisking until incorporated. Whisk in beef broth and stir as sauce thickens. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed. Simmer on low heat until egg noodles are ready.
Cook egg noodles according to package directions. Drain well and serve with stroganoff.
You'll also love
- Chef John's Crispy Onion Rings... 4.3/5 (56 Votes)
- Samoa Brownie Parfait with Salted... 4.4/5 (39 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Scalloped Pineapple 3.8/5 (87 Votes)
- Baked Macaroni & Cheese Balls 4.1/5 (109 Votes)
- Pineapple Turkey Burgers 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Chicken Lemon Rice Soup 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Boneless Pork Loin Roast 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Cheesy Beef & Rice Casserole 4.1/5 (91 Votes)