Curried Sweet Potato-Apple Soup
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 3 Tbsp unslated butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 2-inch piece ginger, peeled and grated
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg, plus more for garnish
- 1 1/2 tsp Madras curry powder
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/4 cups chunky applesauce
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 55mins
Preheat overn 425 degrees F. Peel and dice 2 1/2 sweet potatoes. Melt 2 Tbsp butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in the ginger, nutmeg, 1 1/4 tsp curry powder, and salt and pepper to taste and cook until toasted, 1 more minute.
Add the diced sweet potatoes, chicken broth and 2 cups water to the pot, cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Resude the heat to medium low and stir in applesauce. Simmer, covered, until the sweet potatoes are soft, about 20 minutes. Puree the soup with a blender until smooth. Season with salt & pepper; keep warm.
Meanwhile, peel and thinly slice remining 1/2 sweet potato and toss with olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake until crisp, 7 to 10 minutes.
Heat the remaining 1 Tbsp butter in a skillet over medium head. Add the remaining 1/4 tsp curry powder and cook, stirring until browned; remove from the heat and add the vinegar. top with the curry butter, cilantro and sweet-potato chips.
You'll also love
- TROPICAL CRAB SALAD 0/5 (0 Votes)
- cabbage salad (overnight) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Elephant Garlic 0/5 (0 Votes)
- BUCA DI BEPPO'S GARLIC MASHED... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Springtime Lemon Dessert 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Houlihan's Baked Potato Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- APPLE-STUFFED PORK CHOPS WITH... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach and Sweet Potato Curry (No... 3.5/5 (4 Votes)