TROPICAL CRAB SALAD
- 1 c. uncooked regular rice (not the precooked variety)
- 2 6-oz. pkgs. Alaska king crab meat, thawed & drained (can use tuna, shrimp and crab)
- 1 1-lb. can mixed Chinese vegetables, drained
- 1 5-oz. can water chestnuts, drained & sliced
- 1 c. thin diagonally sliced celery
- 1/4 c. light cream or unsweetened pineapple juice (plus additional pineapple juice for cooking with rice)
- 2 c. real mayonnaise
- 1/3 c. chopped scallions
- 2 tsp. curry powder
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cook rice according to directions on package substituting unsweetened pineapple juice for water. Add cooked rice with crab meat, Chinese vegetables, water chestnuts, and celery. Gradually blend cream or pineapple juice into the mayonnaise. Mix in the scallions and curry powder. Toss with the rice mixture, mixing well. Chill. Serve on salad greens.
NOTE: Chunks of pineapple may also be added.