Sweet Corn Fritters
Fresh corn fritters are perfect with barbecue ribs! If corn isn't in season, feel free to used canned or frozen corn, but especially good with fresh corn in the summer.
- 2 ears fresh corn (2 cups kernels), or 1 can drained sweet corn
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from facebook.com
Remove husks and silk from corn. With a sharp knife, slice the kernels off each cob into a bowl, you should have about 2 cups kernels.
In a separate bowl, sift together flour, cornmeal, salt and baking powder. Make a ‘well’ in the center of the flour mixture. Crack the egg and pour the milk into the well. Briefly whisk with a fork and then whisk into the flour until just combined. With a spatula, fold in corn kernels.
Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-low with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add tablespoon butter. When the oil is hot, spoon batter into skillet to make 2-inch fritters. Cook 3 minutes until the sides of each fritter is beginning to cook, then flip and cook another 3 minutes. Add tablespoon butter.
Remove to a plate lined with paper towels to drain. Add more oil if necessary before making more batches.
You'll also love
- Crunchy Honey Garlic Pork Chops 4.4/5 (137 Votes)
- Blueberry Cheesecake Cookies 4.1/5 (196 Votes)
- 3 Envelope Roast 4.6/5 (109 Votes)
- Fried Mashed Potato Sticks 4.5/5 (118 Votes)
- Texas Caviar 4.2/5 (144 Votes)
- Panera Summer Corn Chowder (Copy... 3.7/5 (514 Votes)
- Creamy Jalapeno Popper Dip 4.5/5 (103 Votes)
- Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls 4.5/5 (105 Votes)