Crock Pot Italian Turkey Meatballs
Crock pots are so convenient, plug them in and go to work... come home and dinner's ready! These Italian meatballs are perfect cooked in the crock pot! I've always wondered if I can make meatballs start to finish in my crock pot without having to bake them first. Well now I know the answer, yes you can!
- 20 ounces (1.3 pounds) ground turkey breast 93% lean
- 1/4 cup whole wheat seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Reggiano Parmigiano cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt + fresh pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes (I like Tuttorosso)
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil or parsley
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 370mins
In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, parsley, garlic and cheese. Using clean hands, mix all the ingredients and form small meatballs, about 1/8th cup each.
In a small saute pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and saute until golden, being careful not to burn.
Pour crushed tomatoes into the crock pot with bay leaf. Add garlic and oil.
Drop meatballs into the sauce, cover and set crock pot to low, 4 to 6 hours. When meatballs are ready, adjust salt and pepper to taste and add fresh chopped basil or parsley.
Serve with ricotta, over pasta or enjoy with French bread.
You'll also love
- Chicken and corn soup 4.5/5 (131 Votes)
- Best Chocolate Cake 4.4/5 (136 Votes)
- Rum Chata Cupcakes 4.4/5 (144 Votes)
- Super Sloppy Joes 4.6/5 (122 Votes)
- Cheesy Jalapeno Bacon Stuffed... 4.5/5 (130 Votes)
- Ultimate Party Pizza Rolls 4.5/5 (123 Votes)
- Creamy Bacon & Cheese Dip 4.5/5 (124 Votes)
- Bacon Cheeseburger Dip 4.5/5 (122 Votes)