Hamburgers with Fresh Tomato and Onion Relish
- For the Burger:
- 3 lbs. fresh ground beef
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro – chopped
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- For the Tomato Onion Relish:
- 1/2 cup of fresh cilantro – chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 vine ripe tomatoes – blanched
- 1 sweet onion – sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic – chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from livingthegourmet.blogspot.com
For the Burger:
In a large bowl combine all of the above ingredients; mix well and form into desired sized hamburgers.
Heat a large 10 inch frying and place the formed burgers. Do not overcrowd the pan.
Depending on how thick you make the burgers will determine how long they should be cooked; also it depends on how you like to eat your burgers.
For the Tomato Onion Relish:
Bring a small sauce pot of water to a simmer and add the tomatoes. Let the tomatoes simmer for about 2-3 minutes.
Remove the tomatoes and set aside to cool.
Heat a medium sized frying pan with one tablespoon of olive oil and add the onion slices. Sauté the onions until they are transparent. Add the garlic and cilantro. Continue to sauté for another minute or two until the garlic is fragrant.
Gently, remove the skin from the tomatoes and chop the meat from the tomatoes.
Add the tomatoes to the onions and garlic; continue to sauté on a low heat. Add the seasonings, soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice and sauté on low for another few minutes.
Remove from the heat; place in a bowl and drizzle with a tablespoon of olive oil.
Serve with the burgers.
You'll also love
- Blackberry, Rosemary, & Yogurt... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Mango Shrimp Tacos (or Salad) 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Pappardelle with sage butter... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Linguine with Shrimp, Asparagus... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Bacon-Wrapped Meatloaf 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Mashed Potato, Rutabaga, And... 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
- Bacon Infused Bourbon Whiskey 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Oven-Roasted Sea Bass with... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)