Popeye's Fried Chicken Copycat
- 1 frying chicken, with skin cut up
- 6 cups vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon swhite pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 eggs
Heat the oil over medium heat in a deep fryer or in a wide, deep pan on stove.
In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, peppers, and paprika.
Break the eggs into a separate bowl and beat until blended.
Check the oil by dropping in a pinch of the flour mixture, If the oil bubbles rapidly around the flour, it's ready.
Dip each piece of chicken into the egg, then coat generously with the flour mixture.
Once the chicken is coated, it should be placed on a rack to allow the pieces to dry, which may take 20 to 30 minutes. Allowing the pieces to dry will provide for more even browning of the chicken.
To fry, heat oil in a heavy skillet over a medium-high burner until the oil is very hot. Place the chicken pieces in the hot oil, skin side down, one piece at a time. Leave enough space between pieces so that they are not crowded. This allows the pieces to cook and brown more evenly.
Continue to cook over a medium heat, turning until all sides are golden brown and the meat is cooked thoroughly.
As the pieces finish cooking, they should be removed from the pan and placed on a paper towel to allow grease to drain.
You'll also love
- Paraoa Parai - Fried Bread 3.8/5 (334 Votes)
- Overnight Oatmeal 4.5/5 (59 Votes)
- Copycat Olive Garden's Chicken... 4.5/5 (58 Votes)
- Creamy Lemon Butter Chicken 4.5/5 (57 Votes)
- Hatching Chicks Deviled Eggs 4.5/5 (59 Votes)
- Fried Chicken Alfredo 4.6/5 (50 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Chicken Tenderloin 4.2/5 (92 Votes)
- Cheese & Garlic Crack Bread 4.4/5 (67 Votes)
- Buffalo Chicken Garbage Bread 4.1/5 (104 Votes)
- Cap'n Crunch Chicken Strips 4.3/5 (66 Votes)
- Homemade Coffee Creamer – Over 2... 4.5/5 (52 Votes)
- Palacinke (crepes) 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Best Ever Strawberry Spinach Salad 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Romano Chicken-Cheesecake Factory 3.8/5 (144 Votes)
- Jamaican Fried Dough Festival 4.3/5 (32 Votes)
- Old-Fashioned Hot Water Cornbread 4.4/5 (34 Votes)
- Beet Salad- German (Rote Beete... 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Italian Melt Sandwich 4.4/5 (22 Votes)
- Crispy Lemon-Coconut Pan-Fried... 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Bisquick Cornbread 3.8/5 (71 Votes)
- Chicken Pepperoncini 3.9/5 (27 Votes)
- Gluten-Free Orange Chicken 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- Deep Fried Chicken 4/5 (19 Votes)
- Sangria - Tio Pepe's Version 3.3/5 (25 Votes)
- Easy Microwave Bernaise Sauce 3.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Pipian Rojo de Pepitas de Calabaza... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sangria 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- RUMCHATA PINA COLADA 4.7/5 (3 Votes)