Slow Cooker Bacon Cheese Potatoes
Bacon Cheese Potatoes? Yes, please! Put these in the slow cooker in the morning and they'll be ready when you get home. Perfect side dish for steak or burgers.
- 1/4 pound bacon, diced
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 4 medium potatoes, thinly sliced (or if you use a new potato or Yukon gold then halve)
- 1/2 pound Cheddar cheese, thinly sliced or shredded
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Green onions for garnish
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 255mins
Bake the bacon in the oven so that it is “done” and browned. Dice the bacon into small pieces.
Line slow cooker with foil, leaving enough to cover the potatoes when finished. This helps steam the potatoes, make it so they don't stick, and to keep them from getting discolored or mushy.
Layer half each of the bacon, onions and potatoes in the crockpot. Season to taste with salt and pepper and dot with (real) butter.
Repeat layers of bacon, onions, potatoes and cheese. Dot with butter. Cover with remaining foil.
Put the slow cooker cover on top and cook on low for up to 6 hours (check at 4 hours, depending on your slow cooker).
Add cheese for the last 20 to 30 minutes and enjoy!
You'll also love
- Kartoffelklösse (German Potato... 3.9/5 (99 Votes)
- Mary Berry's Two-Tone Heart... 4.6/5 (41 Votes)
- Pretzel Crusted Chicken Breast... 4.6/5 (39 Votes)
- Mom's Best Marshmallow & Coconut... 4.5/5 (52 Votes)
- Grilled or Pan Roasted Pork... 4.6/5 (39 Votes)
- Homemade Cheesy Potatoes 4.4/5 (49 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin with Chimichurri 4.5/5 (46 Votes)
- Cinnamon Bacon 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
Review this recipe