Pretzel Crusted Chicken Breast Tenders with garlicky dipping sauce
A crunchy coating from a snack time favorite is sure to win big with the kids -- especially when paired with a creamy garlic dip. Honey mustard would be good too.
- 5 tablespoons yellow cornmeal, divided
- 1/4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup finely crushed unsalted pretzel twists
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 chicken breast tenders (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup canola mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Place 4 tablespoons cornmeal in a shallow dish. Combine milk, 2 teaspoons mustard, and egg in a separate shallow dish, stirring with a whisk. Combine pretzels, remaining 1 tablespoon cornmeal, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, sugar, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a third shallow dish, stirring with a whisk. Lightly dredge chicken in cornmeal, dip in milk mixture, and dredge in pretzel mixture, pressing gently to coat chicken with cooking spray.
3. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes or until browned. Turn chicken over, and place pan in oven. Bake at 375 degrees for 7 minutes or until done.
4. While chicken cooks, combine mayonnaise, yogurt, chives, lemon juice, remaining 1 teaspoon mustard, remaining 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Serve sauce with tenders.
You'll also love
- K's Fabulous Squash Patties 4.6/5 (42 Votes)
- Mom's Best Marshmallow & Coconut... 4.5/5 (50 Votes)
- ROASTED PRIME RIB 4.6/5 (49 Votes)
- Grilled or Pan Roasted Pork... 4.6/5 (39 Votes)
- Warm Pumpkin-Blueberry Bread =... 4.5/5 (50 Votes)
- Cheesy Chicken and Potato Casserole 4.5/5 (41 Votes)
- Crick's Chicken and Dumplings 5/5 (6 Votes)
- Grilled Broccoli with Garlic... 5/5 (5 Votes)