Grilled or Pan Roasted Pork Tenderloin in Honey Lime Chipotle Marinade
- 2 lbs pork tenderloin (2 small tenderloins)
- 1 cup lime juice, about 8 juicy limes
- zest from 2 limes
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 tbsp adobo sauce (from canned chilies)
- peanut oil, or other high temperature oil
Adapted from chaosinthekitchen.com
Trim tenderloins of fat and silver skin as much as possible. Place in a large ziploc bag or other container to marinate.
In a bowl combine lime juice, zest, honey, salt, and garlic powder.
Stir to combine, then pour half over tenderloins, reserving half for sauce.
To tenderloins add chiles and adobo sauce. Seal and marinade in fridge.
About 30 minutes before you are ready to cook, remove pork from fridge and allow to come to room temperature.
Preheat oven to 425°F. In a large, heavy oven-proof skillet (like a cast iron skillet), heat enough oil to coat over medium high temperature.
Remove tenderloins from marinade and sear in hot skillet on all sides.
Place the skillet in the oven and roast tenderloins for about 15 min.
Check temperature with an instant read thermometer. Remove pork from the oven at approximately 140-145, cover pork in skillet with foil. Let rest on the counter for 5-10 minutes or until temperature rises to 150.
Remove pork to a cutting board, pour reserved lime juice mixture into skillet with meat juices and heat on high.
Allow sauce to reduce and thicken slightly, then pour over sliced pork tenderloins. If you don’t have enough sauce or it thickens too much you can add a little water and continue simmering it until it is the quantity and thickness you want.
Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro.
If you choose to grill, start at step 5 and grill your tenderloins about 15 minutes. Remove from the grill to a platter at 140°F. Pour reserved lime juice mixture over meat and cover with foil. Allow to rest 10 minutes. Then slice, garnish with cilantro and serve.
You'll also love
- Warm Pumpkin-Blueberry Bread =... 4.5/5 (50 Votes)
- Homemade Cheesy Potatoes 4.4/5 (49 Votes)
- Homemade Apple Fritters 4.5/5 (47 Votes)
- Cheese, Beef & Noodle Casserole 4.2/5 (52 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin with Chimichurri 4.5/5 (46 Votes)
- Jicama-and-Citrus Salad 5/5 (6 Votes)
- Parmesan Baked Pork Chops 4.5/5 (46 Votes)
- LEMON PIE WITH COOKIE CRUST 4.6/5 (49 Votes)