California Pizza Kitchen Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- ¾ cup white or yellow onions, cut into 1/8-inch dice
- 1 ½ tbsp. minced garlic
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp. crumbled chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 ½ tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 12 oz. frozen spinach (defrosted, drained, and chopped)
- 6 oz. canned artichoke bottoms (drained and cut into 1/8 inch slices)
- 1 cup finely shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- ¾ tsp Tabasco Sauce
1. Warm the olive oil and butter together in a large saucepan over medium heat. Once butter melts, add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook for 2 to 3 more minutes, stirring frequently. (Stop before the onion and garlic brown.)
2. Sprinkle flour on top and keep cooking, stirring constantly, until the mixture is a light gold color. (it will take 10 to 15 minutes)
3. While whisking, slowly pour in the chicken stock until it’s smoothly mixed in.
4. When the mixture starts to simmer, add in the cream and stir until it starts to simmer again.
5. Remove from heat, add Parmesan, bouillon cubes, lemon juice, and sugar, and stir until blended.
6. Add sour cream, spinach, artichoke bottoms, Monterey Jack cheese, and Tabasco sauce, and stir until everything is thoroughly combined and cheese has melted. Pour into a bowl and serve with tortilla chips. Serves 8 to 10.
You'll also love
- Turkey & Dressing Sandwiches 4.2/5 (32 Votes)
- Tomato Lentil Soup 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Amaretto-Cranberry Kiss Cocktail 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Cauliflower Cheddar Fritters... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Spam Fries & Kale Chips with... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Mushrooms... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Oyster Artichoke Soup New Orleans... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Anja's Famous Spinach and... 4/5 (2 Votes)