Moist Banana Bread Bars with Peanut Butter Frosting & Nutella Drizzle
- Peanut butter frosting:
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups (3-4) ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (I used Jif)
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsps. heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
Adapted from sweetcarolinescooking.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 9×12-inch glass baking pan.
In a medium bowl, sift flour, baking soda and salt together.
In a large bowl, beat together sugar, sour cream, butter and eggs until creamy. Blend in mashed bananas and vanilla extract. Add flour mixture and blend for 1 minute.
Spread batter evenly into pan. Bake 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes.
Make frosting (recipe below) then ice banana bars. Heat desired amount of Nutella in a small bowl, then drizzle on top of bars. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Peanut butter frosting recipe:
Beat butter in a medium bowl on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in peanut butter, 1/2 cup of the powdered sugar, the cream and vanilla. Gradually beat in remaining 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar, beating after each addition until smooth.
You'll also love
- Butternut Squash Soup with Crisp... 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- COUNTRY BEEF AND VEGETABLE STEW 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Cherry Filled Ableskiver 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Quick and Easy Eggless Banana Bread 4.1/5 (68 Votes)
- Chocolate Espresso Cake with... 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Parsnip Cake with Browned Butter... 4.3/5 (10 Votes)